Chapels

St George Chapel Idiyara (Estd 1889)

The Idiyara, St George Chapel is older than parel pally itself. It was built in  A D 1889.This Chapel is the first Christian Institution in Mulakulam North. Land for the chapel (3 cent) was donated by Mr. Kurian Edathiparampil, when the people of Idiyara faced several issues like agriculture loss, communicable diseases etc. The chapel was built in the name of St. George, who remains as the holy intercessor for the region. Due to the poor condition of chapel it was decided to reconstruct the same in 1999.  The foundation stone for the new chapel was laid by H.G. Mathews Mar Severios Metropolitan (Kandanad West) on Sep 19, 1999 and consecrated in 2001 may 4th by His Grace Paulose Mar Milithios Metropolitan (later on His Holiness Baselios Mar Thoma Paulose II Catholicos of the East).On every 4th Saturday there will be holy Eucharist (Communion/Qurbana) in the chapel. The main perunnal  is on May 4th and 5th, every year.










St.Gregorious Chapel Kanneettumala

This chapel is located in a scenic and laid back hillock of Kannettumala. The thought for a chapel in this area came from Fr V A Mathews at a prayer meeting. Land(6 cents) for the chapel was donated by Mr Varkey Paily Thottupurathumalayil. Foundation stone was laid by Fr.V.M.Paulose Chemmanathel and Fr.V.A.Mathews Vathakattel on 1st Nov 1999. The construction was over in 2000. The Chapel was consecrated on 15th June 2000 by H.G. Mathews Mar Severios Metropolitan (Kandanad West). On every 3rd Saturday there will be holy Eucharist (Communion/Qurbana) in the chapel. The main Perunnal is conducted on the Saturday that comes immediately after 2nd November.







St Kuriakose Chapel Cherukunnelthazham.

The Cherukunnelthazham Chapel is constructed in the name of St. Kuriakose, widely honored among the early Syrian Christians, being a martyr, was also known as ‘Kuriakose Sahda’. Land for the chapel (6 cents) was donated by Mr. Joseph Varghese Cherukunnel . The foundation stone was laid by Fr. Joseph Kalapurakal (then vicar) on 12th October 2008 in the presence of Rev.Fr. John Thaliyichira Cor Episcopa, Fr. P. U. Kuriakose Cor Episcopa, Fr. V. A. Mathews Vathakatel, Fr. Binoy John Pattakunnel. The construction work is over in 14 months. The Chapel was consecrated by H.G Dr. Mathews Mar Severios Metropolitan (Kandanad West) on 11th December 2009. Efforts of the then vicar, Rev. Fr. Varghese M Varghese was instrumental for the successful completion of the chapel construction. On every 2nd Saturday there will be Holy Mass in the Chapel. The main Perunnal is on the 2nd Saturday of July..


 



Comments